Learn more about us.
TMCC High School is the place to be! Get more out of high school than a diploma. Students who enroll in this unique program earn college credit while attending high school and are a step ahead. Make an investment in your future and become a part of TMCC High School.
How it Works
- Truckee Meadows Community College High School (TMCCHS) is a Washoe County School District (WCSD) high school with locations at Dandini Campus and Edison Campus of Truckee Meadows Community College. The office can be found at Red Mountain 314.
- Students who wish to enroll in TMCCHS must apply and be accepted.
- TMCCHS students take a combination of college and high school classes. Seniors, juniors and sophomores must take six (6) combined classes in accordance with the WCSD Gateway expectation. Students are required to take math every year they are enrolled at TMCC High School.
- TMCC High School classes are on a block schedule with varying start and end times. Students attend classes five days a week.
- College classes are taken for dual credit and can be scheduled anytime as long as they do not conflict with the high school schedule.
- The combined high school and college atmosphere gives students the opportunity to achieve academically and accept responsibility in a safe and comfortable environment.
Who is Eligible
TMCC High School takes sophomores and juniors who meet the following requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Good attendance and discipline.
- Minimum Accuplacer score of Math95/96 and English 98.
- A goal of earning an Associate’s Degree or professional Certificate of Achievement from TMCC.
- Get a head start on college.
- Earn dual credit toward high school graduation and college certification and degrees.
- Build an individualized class schedule that meets student needs and interests, including completing high school while starting post-secondary education and training.
- Enjoy small class size and flexible scheduling.
- Use state-of-the-art computer labs, library and free tutoring services.
- Receive technical, occupational and career job skills training from college instructors in modern, well-equipped facilities and on multiple college sites.
- Enjoy the advantages of being a TMCC High School student and a Truckee Meadows Community College student.
- Transportation to TMCC High School is the student’s responsibility. Public transportation is available.
- Students must pay for their college course books; a small amount of financial assistance may be available for qualified students but will not cover the entire cost of the books.
- Sports, band, ROTC, clubs and other activities may be limited or not available through TMCC High School. Students may take a specialized class or even participate in sports, band or other activities at their “zoned school” if they can arrange their schedule to accommodate the activity and get permission from the coach/instructor and the principal of the zoned high school.
- Students must withdraw from their zoned high school and graduate with TMCC High School students.
- All students are required to maintain and present a portfolio of work that is representative of high school and college classes.
- College classes are paid for as long as students successfully complete them or drop them by the deadlines listed for each semester.
How to Apply
For detailed instructions on how to apply and what to expect during the admissions process, visit admissions process: steps-to-enroll.
For more information, Contact Us.